This week we’re going back 33 years to March 1980 to see what was going on in Wester Hailes. The headline story gives details of a new initiative focused on creating a greener environment for the area. Workers from a local project and local volunteers were planting trees and shrubs in Clovenstone and Calders. Pupils from Clovenstone Primary School were also involved leading to the school setting up a gardening project. Other stories include
- Who does What- a response to a then common issue on whether the Edinburgh District Council or the Lothian Regional Council were responsible for the footpaths and internal walkways.
- A report on new efforts to set up tenants’s associations in Clovenstone and Westburn
- Concern that the issues raised by the tenants of Dunsyre House had still not been resolved satisfactorily.
- News from around the areas including information about a youth exchange with Munich for young people from Clovenstone.
- Cilla’s Kidz Column with a variety of stories, including a couple of tales that show their young authors’ abilities to put a gory twist in the most unlikely subjects!
You’ll find all these stories and more by clicking here.