This week we’re going back to 1989 to see what was happening in Wester Hailes 23 years ago. Much of the front page is given over to the mascot chosen by the Wester Hailes Employment Initiative. There’s also details of the repair and improve package agreed by the council for Wester Hailes Park and Drive, and Clovenstone. Other stories include
- Rival bids for Hailesland creating tough competition for the development of Hailesland Park
- Below The Breadline: the difficulties facing young people trying to find work and facing cuts to benefits.
- End of An Era: the dismantling of the original Venchie
- A Family Centre For Wester Hailes being proposed by the Parents Support Group
- Development of the Greenway: Simon the community planner was looking for feedback on suggested improvements.
You’ll find all these stories and more by clicking here.