This week we’re looking back at November 1984. The headline story was floods in Hailesland as hurricane strength winds damaged roofs in Hailesland Park. Other stories included
- A feature on Edinburgh District Council’s report on high rise living in the city. With 81 blocks across the city, the council were needing £45 million over the next 10 years to put faults and damage right.
- The issue of road safety for pedestrians in Wester Hailes is highlighted, with concerns about the ongoing lack of pavements beside busy roads.
- A report on the recent opening of the Forum shopping centre with a starring role for Lewis Collins who cut the ribbon.
- A visit to Clovenstone Community Centre from a Japanese delegation looking at youth centres in the UK.
- A report from Hailesland Tenants Association who attended the Scottish conference for Bison tenants.
You can find all these stories and more here.