This week we’ve gone right back to March 1979. Thirty three years ago, the Sentinel front page featured a community conference being organised by the Wester Hailes Development Advisory Committee. 50 organisations across the city were invited to share information about their communities and to discuss new ideas and solutions to issues.
Other stories include
- The Campaign to Realign the Bypass held a demonstration to inform local residents of the implications of the route of the proposed by-pass road for people living in Wester Hailes.
- A report on the Hailesland Children’s Centre which opened in December 1977
- The need for a Health Centre for the area to provide more localised health services.
- Information about the upcoming Festival and Gala
- Around The Areas: news and views from the local neighbourhoods
- Sounds Familiar reviews some of the new singles and lists bands appearing in the next few weeks in Edinburgh, creating a varied list that includes Nana Mouskouri, Skids and Motorhead.
You’ll find all these stories and others by clicking on Sentinel March 1979.