This week Pages From The Past is going right back to January 1979 to see what was happening then. The main story reports how the Wester Hailes community became involved with Radio Forth’s Snowline. An emergency number for the area was provided after FISH Neighbourhood workers became concerned about people needing help due to the weather conditions. The report highlights the enthusiasm shown by local people volunteering to help those who might be struggling.
Other stories include
- Concerns about the proposed by-pass road with the map showing the line the road would follow
- WHEC’s new swimming pool opening and a report on problems being experienced with the building’s heating, resulting in the Third and Fourth Years being sent home much to the annoyance of the First and Second Years!
- News from around the areas
- Music report Sounds Familiar which despairs of the choices made by the BBC for the best hits of 1978
- Photos from the smash hit Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs, WHEC’s Christmas panto.
You can read all the news by clicking here on Sentinel January 1979.