This week the Sentinel pages come from 22 years ago. In November 1989, the lead story was the announcement that high level nuclear waste was to be transported through Wester Hailes on trains carrying spent nuclear fuel. There were concerns about the levels of secrecy surrounding the plans and what would happen in the case of an accident. The Rep Council agreed to mount a campaign. Other stories include
- The Acorn Club facing closure after a major cut in funding
- A dispute between Hailes United Football Club and a local launderette
- X-Position, Wester Hailes’ latest band
- New premises for Windmill
- Interview with Scott Crabbe, Hearts’ newest star
You can read more about these stories and others by clicking here on November 1989.